Thursday, August 2, 2012

Review of Diane Graham's I Am Ocilla


I Am Ocilla by Diane M. Graham



ISBN: 9781927154199

Splashdown Books, March 1, 2012

$14.99 pBook

$4.99 eBook

 From the publisher: Somehow, I must live. I must find my purpose. There are friends to love and battles to fight. I know my name. Perhaps that is enough.

I am Ocilla.

This is my story.


Buy on Amazon


If John Bunyan and AA Milne set out on a journey and met up with Madeleine L’Engle, no doubt they would have told each other stories around the campfire much like this one.


I Am Ocilla is a questing story filled with all the things fantasy lovers like best pairing them off and mixing them up like so many creatures from the City of Destruction and the Hundred Acre Wood, progressing through a Wrinkle in Time, falling back and starting all over again. Spun throughout is mercy after our sins leave heartache and broken souls. Free will is the bottom line of faith, and Diane pulls out the deepest Scriptures to prove that God’s love never fails.


A five-hundred-year curse has pitted the four Kingdoms in a battle to a final death if the Chosen One fails yet again to lift it. Only she has the answer; the power to rebuke an evil spirit whose vengeance over thwarted devotion results in mass destruction if the Princess refuses him one more time. Join giants, ogres, fairies, dwarves, trees, and their animal friends red wolf, tiger, panda, and owl as they battle evil with their faithfulness, patience, love and wisdom.


You will be refreshed in your faith walk, encouraged in your daily witness and strengthened in love when you journey with Ocilla and her friends in a quest to fulfill their purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment