Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Michelle Sutton talks about Surprise Love, baseball, and Ashton Kutcher


Michelle Sutton is the author of over eighteen inspirational novels with more coming in the future. She has been married almost 23 years to the same man and they have two kids in college. She lives with her family in Arizona.

 


 

Introduce us to your favorite character in your book.

Well, I like Bryan the hero who is trying out for the Texas Rangers baseball team because he looks like Ashton Kutcher "only cuter" according to the heroine, anyway.


What kind of research did you do for this book/character?

I consulted with some people who knew about the rodeo lifestyle and people who were avid baseball spring training fans. I also referred to a couple of situations I came across while in Surprise like someone who had a freezer full of tarantulas and scorpions (frozen) because they made paperweights with them for fun and sold them on the side.


What specific aspect of your book do you hope readers will discover about (themselves/your main character) in this story?

Don't follow someone else's dreams for your life. Make your own choices.


What’s been a favorite work experience you’ve had so far in life?

Favorite work experience? Probably the day my employees gave me a card that said something like, "Do you want your people to love you or fear you?" And the inside said, "I want my employees to be afraid of how much they love me." That was hilarious. Plus, I didn't realize boss's day was coming. It also included several Starbucks gift cards.

 

If you could do anything you want, what would it be? Write fiction full time and review books for say, Publisher's Weekly or the Library Journal.


What’s the most exotic place you’ve traveled?
 
Hmmm... exotic? I live in Arizona and there is plenty of exotic stuff to see here. Maybe Mexico? But it was a border town and there were people begging on the streets. Not used to seeing that stuff in the USA. Not like that anyway.
 

What do you see outside the closest window right now?

The Huachuca Mountain range with a light dusting of snow on the peaks.


What do you tell people when they ask “and what do you do?”

Actually I tell them I'm a supervisor for the state government, and by the way, I also write fiction and have 18 different books they can buy on Amazon.


Where’s your favorite place to grocery shop?

Um, my husband does all of the shopping. I just eat whatever he buys, but I guess if I had to choose, then Safeway.


What, to you, is worship?

My heart inclining toward God and being open to hear what He is speaking to my heart.
 

Michelle Sutton - Healing Hearts - fiction making an impact on real lives...
new titles releasing in 2013... Collette's Crusade, Learning to Trust, Somebody Help Me,

Her Innocence, Serena's Something

 

No comments:

Post a Comment