Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Book review: Am I Okay, God with Lorilyn Roberts


Best-selling author, Lorilyn Roberts, and her new winner!
 

Am I Okay, God?

Lorilyn Roberts

Kindle: 2.99
 

 
Devotional accompaniment to the Seventh Dimension: The Door
ASIN: B00FTP5G82
 

My review:

I knew Roberts’s The Seventh Dimension: The Door was a terrific story; an allegory that I thoroughly enjoyed, even though it’s targeted to young adult readers. It’s no stretch, then, to see how this lovingly thought-out devotional adds even more depth and meaning to The Door. Each of the twenty-six devotionals deals with an aspect of life we all know, from being bullied, to holding secrets you think no one else shares, to forgiveness and seeing God for who he really is. The individual chapters features a passage from The Door, some long and some just a sentence, which shows how the theme is played out in Roberts’s allegorical world. The author then shares an episode from her life or from another person or book in a brief essay that ties into the theme. Lovingly crafted prayers follow.

The most unique aspect of the devotional is the QR codes (and website links for those of us without smart phones) that take the reader to a YouTube video or song that illustrates the devotional. I appreciated the work that went into preparing this, and learned about a few artists I was unfamiliar with.

Am I Okay, God is a wonderful partner to your faith. Recommended for any junior high and up-aged loved one; younger if more mature. Makes a fantastic godparent/sponsor gift, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment