Meet My Character
Sweet romance author Gail Pallotta has some thoughtful questions about my character, Grace Runyon, who is the heroine in Healing Grace, a paranormal inspirational romance. Before I tell you about Grace, let's talk a little about Gail, and her great teen mystery, Stopped Cold.
Award-winning author Gail Pallotta is a wife, Mom, swimmer and bargain shopper who loves God, Stopped Cold, was a best-seller on All Romance eBooks, finished fourth in the Preditors and Editors readers’ poll, and was a finalist for the 2013 Grace Awards.
She’s published short stories in Splickety magazine and Sweet Freedom with a Slice of Peach Cobbler. Some of her published articles appear in anthologies while two are in museums. She's also my friend and personal cheerleader, accountability and critique partner who's signed a new contract you'll just have to watch for.
Readers can find her on the Internet on the staff of Clash of the Titles, at her blog, on her Website, on Authors and More on facebook at and twitter, Gail Pallotta @Hopefulwords
About the Book, Stopped Cold:
Teen Margaret McWhorter, a freshman in high school in Mistville, North Carolina, enjoys flirting with her first romantic interest, swimming and hanging out with friends. Then her brother, Sean, suffers a stroke from taking a steroid. Now, he's lying unconscious in a hospital. Margaret's angry at her dad for pushing Sean to be a football star, but a fire of hate burns inside her to find the criminals. While she, her heartthrob and best friend look for them, she calls on her Christian faith, asking God to cure Sean, heal the hate and open her heart to love.
Buy on Amazon.
Thanks, Gail, for asking about my contemporary heroine Grace Runyon, a wounded soul who’s trying to run from her troubles and start life over, only to find that God has followed her, and that she’s not going to allowed to hide or to forget about her very special gifts.
Meet Grace, a mysterious woman who shows up and buys a house in a little tucked-away community in Michigan.
1. What is the name of your character? Grace Runyon
2. When and where is the story set? Healing Grace is a contemporary fiction, billed paranormal romance by the publisher, MuseItUp. The story is set mainly in the fictional community of East Bay, Michigan, fruit growing country.
3. What should we know about her? Grace has lost her entire immediate family—oh, not all at once, but in lumps and bumps, and a slow oozing over the past few years. This loss from a woman who is known to be able to fix anyone, left her heartbroken and lost, full of self-doubt and self-recrimination.
4. What is the main conflict? What messes up her life? Grace can’t seem to get far enough away from herself. She’d been gifted with an incredible talent in medicine that’s more than an uncanny ability, it’s empathy in its most virtual form. No one can explain it, and Grace certainly has never questioned it, until her husband got sick, and nothing made him better. Whose fault was it? Hers? God’s? Determined to get away from anything medical, Grace runs...right into another situation that may demand more of her than she can give. It takes a sick man and his little boy to make her face and confront her demons, even if it costs her life.
5. What is the personal goal of this character? Grace must accept who and Whose she is, whether in this life or the next. Ted, and his little boy Eddy, would much prefer to love her in this life. But is that possible? Either Ted or Grace must put his or her life on the line to save the other. Grace is confronted with what seems to be an impossible situation, where giving up or giving in are her only options. Facing the pain of herself may cost more than she thinks she can give.
6. Can we read more about Healing Grace? Sure, there’s an excerpt you can check out on my website, here, at this link.