Friday, November 27, 2015

Anita Estes and her forty day devotional When God Speaks



When God Speaks--Forty Days and Nights of His Promises 
by Anita Estes

Anita shares:

          The inspiration for  When God Speaks grew out of my desire to connect women to the powerful promises of God. Told through my own stories and life experiences, my hope is to show others how God's promises can transform the ordinary into the extraordinary.
          Each of the forty days start with a vital promise from God's word that encourages, challenges and lifts your spirit. The stories illustrate the working out of the biblical promise in real life circumstances. This is followed by a short, powerful  prayer, application question and night time reflection that puts you in the position to hear God's gentle voice.
          I hope that readers will be inspired by this book to hold onto the promises of God in turbulent times, learn to apply God's Word to their everyday life and how to hear from God. I want to bring to others the message of God's faithfulness to us even in the darkest of times!
Some of the topics covered are: Divine Guidance, True Identity, Resurrection Life, Hope, Victory, Peace and Joy, Healing, Empowering Love, Freedom from Fear, Freedom from Condemnation, Forgiveness, Answers to Prayer and Contentment.
        

I invite you to embark on this exciting 40-day journey, and partner with God in standing on His promises. May your faith be strengthened through His mercy, authority, favor and grace; and may your spirit be uplifted. It is available at Amazon and  on my blog New Life Dialogue.

Intro:
Sitting in my living room on a sunny March day, I was praying and asking God to show me what to do with my writing. I thought about putting together a collection of devotions and articles. I wondered, “But what could I call it, and what would be its theme? What significance would it have for readers?”
Immediately the name When God Speaks came to mind. I recalled a book that I had read many years ago when I first became a Christian, which was written by two women who recorded what God spoke to them each day. Over the last two years, I have been writing a collection of devotions I believe God has spoken into my life through His Word—The Bible. I want to share forty of these with you. Thus the subtitle: Forty Days and Nights of Promises.

Read an Excerpt

And we know all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

          "In the midst of trials it might be difficult to believe this promise is true. We ask, “Are sickness, death, broken relationships, and catastrophes good?” No, this verse does not say all things are good, for there is indeed the presence of evil. It says that God works things together for good.

          Bad things happen to everyone, both the just and the unjust. God never intended to shield His followers from suffering. Just look at the lives of the apostles and early Christians. Many suffered terrible tortures and were martyred. Yet God worked good from bad. The Bible says they will rule over dominions from thrones in heavenly places!"


Here's one of the Night Time Reflections

Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27 NIV

          "Christ living within us? It’s astounding to think, but the Word of God promises it is true. What hope this produces for the spirit. Yet, it gets better than just living with the hope of life here and in eternity. It is a hope of glory—magnificence, splendor, and wonder beyond our imagination. We shall behold the glory of God. Moses only glimpsed God’s back for a few moments and the prophet glowed for days. We will live in His glory. Now that is hope beyond compare!"


What's Up Next? 
I have a supernatural, mystery novel to be released this January, The Dividing Stone, which chronicles the tale of a young girl, Margo Pierson, who stumbles upon  a tattered letter that catapults her into a world of diabolical evil,  secret societies and powerful prayer!

Wow, sounds exciting, Anita. Thanks for visiting today and sharing about your work. We'll look forward to learning more about your novel.  ~Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lisa for hosting me on your blog! I really want to let woman know that God has so much for them, if they would dig into His word and amazing promises!

    ReplyDelete