Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Carol Brown and her newest book for children

Thank you, Lisa, for hosting me! I always enjoy talking about Sassy Pants and delighting children with another story in the series!



Buy Sassypants in paperback format from Amazon, $11.99, or order from your favorite bookstore.
  • ISBN-13: 978-0996495356

Can you tell us about your new book? Sassy Pants Learns About Strange Creatures 

Sassy Pants Learns...about strange creatures is a continuation of the story of Sassy Pants learning to overcome difficulties she, in large part, created. In this story she tackles fear and worry—fear of her father’s reaction, and fear of those animals different from the ones she is used to. Her worry and fear make the situation much more scary than it really is. When she faces the situation instead of running away or hiding, she finds friends and learns to call for help when it is needed. By calling for help, and help comes, she has a new picture, a bigger, more complete picture of her father that’s not scary at all.

What is the message in your book that you want your readers to grasp?

There are actually two. The first is that if we can keep from being offended by differences (like looks or smell) we may find a good friend. On the other hand, some strangers are truly dangerous. We need to learn the difference and know who to call for help.

The second is that fear and worry exaggerate our problems. The good news is that we can overcome fear and worry.

What inspired you to write this book?  My husband urged me to write a sequel to the first book in the Sassy Pants series. He argued that she was so naughty in the first book that I should give her the opportunity to redeem herself. But I didn’t have another story in me. I even asked God’s help in convincing him that there were no more stories, and that was when God downloaded the rest of the series! So...here we are!

For those who aren't familiar with your work, can you tell us a little about yourself?
I began writing in 1996 about highly sensitive people and how sensitivity affects you as in individual. My purpose was to give voice and vocabulary for people’s experience of life. It was a lot of work and I was relieved when done! I told God that I didn’t want to write any more hard books. I guess He was good with that because that is when He downloaded the stories in the Sassy Pants series!

Whether I am writing for adults or children, my focus is to leave the reader not only with a nugget of knowledge, but that they are in some way wiser, stronger in character and more able to make wise decisions. I believe humor helps us learn more easily so you will find I use it liberally!

How long have you been writing?
I began writing in 1996, as a way to save my sanity during recovery from M.S., but I have been telling stories f.o.r.e.v.e.r! (Probably more like 65 years of story telling.)

How many books have you written? I’ve written 3 for adults and about 10 for children...3 of which are published.

A brief bio “I began telling stories when I had enough brothers to make an audience!” (four brothers and one sister) My husband and I reside in Grand Rapids, MI. with my elderly mother. We have two daughters on the west coast, five grandchildren and one great grandchild. I was raised in a farming community in Iowa. I enjoy reading, nature and music, playing the piano, knitting, crocheting, painting and telling stories! As a retired educator, “I dedicate myself to knitting sweaters and spinning yarns!


Visit Carol's website
Facebook Page
Tweet with Carol


Sassy Pants Learns About Strange Creatures is the third book in the series.
Check her Amazon page for purchase details.


·         Choices have consequences. (She bumps into this fact in other books in the series.)
·         Different kinds of “sorry”
·         The importance of listening...or not
·         Respecting feelings, fences and boundaries
·         Bullying
·         Some learn the easy way...and some learn the hard way. It’s your choice.

·         Words and actions can both hurt
·         Why we apologize and ask forgiveness
·         What amends is and why it is important
·         How to make amends

·         About honor – what it is and how to do it

No comments:

Post a Comment